Saturday 27 August 2011

Hullo Harry!

We did!!

Baby did half a feed at 9:30, had a bath, the other half of feed at 10:30, then didn't feed again until 3:30! I was so prepared to be woken up quickly that when the husband came in to go to bed at 1:00 I called out "I'm feeding her...". He looked at me, saw her in her bassinet (asleep) and asked what I said - when I repeated it he said "no, you're not, she's in bed...". I remember laying on my back, patting my belly and around the bed to see where she was because I was sure I was feeding her, that he had come in to the room because he heard her calling for a feed and I hadn't.... craziness.

But. We FINALLY made it out to the movies!

Baby went to the husbands parent's house just after 3pm and slept for a few hours before a bottle feed at around 5:30. Apparently, she was then adorable until we got there, close to 7pm.

Of course, as soon as we arrived and took over, she started crying.

And then after the husband's mum got her settled and we got her in the car, she cried at home.

And cried while I played music to her (but stopped when the husband started dancing for her).

And cried while I changed her (but stopped when the husband took her).

And cried after I dressed her (but stopped while I bathed her - she's mad for the bath).

And cried while/after I fed her again (but stopped when the husband held on to her, after I wrapped her).

I'm trying not to take it personally, but really...

2 comments: