Sunday 28 August 2011

Off and away

My parents told me about the first time they left me with someone else to go to a movie, and nearly changed their minds before they even got to the theatre. There may also have been tears.

 So, I was curious about how I would feel being away from baby.

Whilst technically yesterday was the first time she was babysat/away from both of us, in my mind it is more markedly the first time I wasn't with her, and she wasn't with the husband.

The first thing I noticed was how quickly I was out of the car and ready to go - normally I leave the keys in so the music keeps playing for her as I set up the pram and the nappy bag and my phone/wallet/water.

The second thing I noticed was that I found myself thinking that the baby would have enjoyed the movie - this is stupid on so many levels because she hasn't seen the earlier movies (as well as the fact she doesn't really 'enjoy' anything, and would have probably carried on the whole time.

The third thing I noticed was that we were quite quick to go straight to the car to pick her up, without really talking/making a conscious decision to do so. No dawdling or talking about heading out for dinner.

No tears.

I don't think we'll have any problems doing it again - though I wonder what we would have talked about if we went to dinner?

No comments:

Post a Comment