Saturday 18 May 2013

Burp

I cursed it.

After a good run of good sleeps, I got to spend 1:00am - 3:30am in the nursery with The Bubby, trying to burp her. She got fed twice during that time, she was fussing and bobby and thrashing around.

On the bright side, she only made noise once - when she timed a thorough head thrashing with me trying to check if she was hungry, resulting in her whomping her head on my engagement ring.

I got back in to bed at 3:30, and she was with me not long after that, as she was still carrying on. I gave in, got up, turned on all the lights and fetched the Gripe Water (which is now living in the nursery to avoid me putting it off so long) - when she burped five minutes later, it wasn't even that impressive a burp.

So I had a night of feeding at 10pm (I woke her for that one after she'd been sleeping on The Husband all evening), 1:30, 2:30 (back asleep at 4am) 6am and 9am.

And of course I couldn't get a nap today as The Toddler decided to rip up one of her favourite books and decide that me coming in to her room to get it meant that there would be no nap. And she stuck to that opinion for more than an hour and a half before I gave in and got her up.

Babies. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

(Though I must say The Toddler has been extra lovely since getting up, so now I feel double terrible that she has some sort of Stockholme Syndrome after refusing to sleep for so long).

No comments:

Post a Comment