Wednesday 22 May 2013

TGIW

I love my daughters. They're both awesome.

And I know people have been having babies and looking after them since the start of existence (otherwise, no existence).

But it's a hard slog Monday to Wednesday being home alone with the two of them.

Today was a fine example, with The Husband being at squash after work until 7:30 last night (normally he's home after 8) and then he plays network games with his friends from 8:30. The baby fed and squirmed for hours as per usual, until I finally got a shower at 11pm (The Husband held her and she wanted a feed by the time I exited the ensuite). We visited the zoo (it cost less than 3x the amount of one visit to get a 12 month pass) and The Toddler walked the whole way, but then when we got home spent an hour in her cot crying instead of napping. And then I had to juggle the babies and bags out to the car to get to family dinner. And of course, little to no housework gets done when The Bubby only wants cuddles, so we sit in our messy house with the tv on and the boobs out.

At the moment, and for the next few weeks, all my appointments are on Thursdays and Fridays. It's going to be amazing to have nothing to do except for sit with The Bubby and watch her grow -  I can't believe it's almost been six weeks already.

But I can't imagine how my mum managed with four of us under the age of five, or those mums who don't have daycare to give them some sort of break.

No comments:

Post a Comment