Thursday 2 May 2013

First official weigh

I took The Bubby out and about today - we dropped The Toddler off at daycare, met The Husband at the hospital to drop off his referral for a bone density scan (his bones are 20-25% stronger than other people in his age group - hooray!), visited friends at work, bought some more 0000 suits with feet on them (brr, it's cold) and got her weighed.

The nurse I saw was one of the two who did the home visit - she recognised me before I did her (mental note, she has short hair).

So at birth, The Bubby was 3180g.
Checking out of hospital she was 3090g.
At one week old, she was 3210g.

Today, at one day short of three weeks old, she weighed 3880g.

The nurse said 'is that right?! That can't be right....'.

It was right.

The Bubby has now gained an average of 340g a week - on track with her older sister who was gaining an average of 360g a week before she was a month old.

I am so relieved.

I am so relieved that these short feeds (last night, she was only doing 7 minutes a side) are fine. I am so relieved that I don't need to find ways to try to force her awake and drink more. I am so relieved that I am hopefully producing another chunky roly-polly chubba bubba.

(now I need to go back and swap those 0000 suits for 000 suits - she won't be in 0000 for much longer at this rate)

No comments:

Post a Comment