Friday 27 September 2013

Courses for horses

I mentioned to the ladies at daycare this morning that I was going to the parenting course I mentioned the other day.

The director said she thought it was so funny to hear me say that about The Toddler, because she is so lovely.

And it's true, she is. And I know for a fact that she is 'better' than a lot of other toddlers I know. And there are so many sweet and funny moments I share with her - yesterday we were at the park and she was laying on the circle swing asking to be pushed higher and higher. She was sleepy (she fell asleep in the car in the morning for 30 minutes and declined a nap in her bed in the afternoon) and she was so peaceful laying there, watching me as I pushed her. And I got a glimpse of how exciting life is going to be as she grows older, as she becomes a complete person who can communicate and think and express and enjoy and share.

I am going for me.

I am going because I need learn how to be okay with everything, to chill out and roll with the punches and get over myself. Being a parent doesn't need to be some ridiculous drama, it should just be.

No comments:

Post a Comment