Monday 23 September 2013

Petting Zoo

Today, Pa and I took the two girls to Floriade. It was a beautiful day (24 degrees!! Tshirts!!!) and I love getting out to Floriade each year (although I don't seem to spend much time looking at the flowers).

I took The Toddler through the petting zoo, which she loved. She was so gentle and there was minimal of chasing after animals - she especially loved the ducks and the chickens (thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis close to buying chickens for our house!) and was only scared of the calf (admittedly, I was a little scared of it too).

So, of course, she didn't want to leave.

In my typical style, I used the bartering card of 'ice cream' - I'd been telling her if she was good in the stroller we could see the animals and then get an ice cream. Ice cream wasn't enough.

Luckilly, one of the staff had a little bunny that she used to pied piper The Toddler out of the animal area to the waiting pen, so it was easier to drag her back to her stroller - where she promptly gave us a good demonstration of her planking skills (making it impossible to clip her in to the stroller).

I was so glad to have dad there, who was able to (as he put it) 'use his 1980's voice' to get Eva in to the stroller.

We whinged our way to the ice cream stall where I pointed at the gaytime (seriously, what happened to paddlepops?!), and where she pointed to the magnum instead. Even though I insisted that my parents never bought me a magnum, The Toddler won.

I'm such a sucker!

No comments:

Post a Comment