Sunday 29 September 2013

Taste of freedom

I went dragon boating yesterday for the first time.

I loved it.

I got up when The Toddler did at 630, fed The Bubby, got dressed and out the door.

I returned just after 10am to a house in a bit of chaos - The Toddler was 'helping' The Husband make pikelets and she emptied the full litre of milk in to the bowl while he was tending to The Bubby.

But, it didn't phase me - I was on too much of a high from my time out being me, with other grownups, doing something that I seemed to be okay at (for my first time).

Then last night, out to dinner for one of my bestie's birthdays.

I am so lucky that The Bubby got herself in to a routine, and that The Toddler is so consistent, that I was able to time it out with The Bubby's last feed just before I had to leave the house while The Husband was reading to The Toddler.

I had no worries about heading out and enjoying myself, fairly confident that The Bubby wouldn't wake until (well) after I was home.

Apart from the fact I seem to be benefiting from my 930 bedtime more than I realised!

No comments:

Post a Comment