Thursday 5 April 2012

Handsy

The baby is getting a lot more handsy. And actually, a lot more active.

I noticed it earlier this week when we did the groceries - she was twisting and looking and reaching for things. I managed to subdue her with a bag of pine nuts (which, thankfully, she didn't manage to open).

She's using her pointer finger to touch everything she can. She tries to hook her finger in my mouth, behind my bottom teeth. She pulls at my hair and my earrings and my necklaces.

She's starting to twist more in my arms when I carry her - she likes to twist so she can face with her belly down against my arm.

She's getting even harder to feed too - the only 'decent' feed she gets is her overnight/early morning feed when she's half asleep, otherwise she just treats me like a drop in centre - she twists and looks around the room, she stops to sing and say 'bub bub bub', she drops back in for a few seconds and then off she goes again.

She's getting closer and closer to crawling - she's finally getting up on to her knees (previously, when we put her on her knees, she would just cry) and she has just started to rock back and forth over the past few days.

I am both excited and terrified by this!

No comments:

Post a Comment