Friday 20 April 2012

Just sitting

(I should clarify that these posts are being written before we go on holiday - we leave on the 20th, so these are written before today. You might have noticed a post of dot points that started with 'girl who peed herself' - this is because I had been collecting dot points of things to post about, and hit 'publish' rather than 'draft'. Oops.)

I was sitting at the computer the other day while the baby was napping, checking in on her monitor every so often to see when she would wake up.

There was a flash of movement on the screen, and of course I freaked out, because that is my job as a mother.

Then I realised I was looking at the back of her head on the monitor, but something wasn't quite right. So I went in to investigate.

And I found my baby - my tiny little helpless baby - sitting up in her bed, playing with her blanket like it was a completely ordinary thing to do.

I have no idea how she got in to that position as I haven't seen her do it any other time. But it was freaking adorable to have her turn her head as I walked in, then tilt her head and give a massive grin from behind the dummy, then go back to playing with the blanket.

No comments:

Post a Comment