Saturday 21 April 2012

Still sitting

Following on from the baby's newfound 'hey, I'm just sitting here like a big kid' thing, she's picked up a new habit that I think combines it with a sense of self preservation.

She is struggling against me laying her on her back in the bath.

Tuesday night was the first time it happened. We were running through her in bath routine as usual (put in bath sitting up, lay back to wash face, sit up and shampoo, lay back and rinse, sit up and wash upper body, lay back to rinse and wash lower half of body, sit up and play), when as soon as I went to start step two, she threw her hands behind her, locked her elbows, and looked at me with a slightly worried expression on her face.

Um, what?

When did you become this person, baby?

Where is my pliable, cleanable, plaything?

It takes a little more juggling, but I can get there in the end - I'm just making sure I explain what we're doing and why, in the hopes that her sense of understanding will magically leap forward, and her sense of willingness will let me continue with what I need to do.

I get headstrong, but I wasn't expecting so many signs of this so early!

No comments:

Post a Comment