Sunday 25 March 2012

Bub bub bub

And so the milestones continue!

This morning, while sitting in her highchair, the baby got chatty: "Yah yah yah yah" she was saying, over and over.

I had seen a video in one of my online mothers groups, where the baby had just all of a sudden gotten really chatty, and started making the same noise out of nowhere.

I grabbed the husbands iPad to film it, but realised that I had a podcast playing that was pretty profanity-laden, so I paused the iPod and starting filming again.

The second time, the birds started tapping on their food tray, so she got distracted and wouldn't do it.

The third time, just as I hit record, she changed what she was saying to "bub bub bub". It was very clear!

Very exciting to see her picking up these new skills! On Friday, she also rolled from her belly to her back for the first time - she had done it on the couch with me on Thursday, but I wasn't sure if it was accidental, but she is doing it more purposefully now.

She also waves her arms most of the times that she says it, so I am also wondering if she is starting to pick up waving, or "bye bye"...?

The husband keeps thinking she says "dad dad", so I am going to have to up my "mum mum mum" while we're home this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment