Wednesday 14 March 2012

Rise and fall

One of the other nice things about our trip to Sydney the other day, was that Bon Iver was in many ways the soundtrack to my pregnancy. Well, the scary things about pregnancy.

It was amazing to see them perform at the Opera House. And I took the time while I was there to close my eyes and take the music in, to think about how far I've come since those moments in the car, before I had any idea exactly what and who I was growing inside me.

Of course, then the baby wakes at midnight and 4am and 6am and 630 and won't settle unless you feed her. And you finding yourself sitting on the carpet next to her cot in a tshirt and your underwear, trying to keep calm but failing, feeling yourself getting hotter and cranky and tireder, listening to this thing just yell and Yell and YELL at you for no reason. And you can go back there quite quickly.

But, generally, I choose to make that album the soundtrack to success. Tinged with some of that lingering sadness. But success.

No comments:

Post a Comment