Monday 19 March 2012

Pull up

It was just after lunch yesterday afternoon that I commented in one of my online groups about how you constantly battle between feeling on top of this whole parenting thing and then feeling like you're doing it all totally wrong and are going to stuff up your baby.

Unfortunately, the response was that that feeling doesn't go away (yay!).

A lot of the other babies born the same month as the baby are doing a bunch of things - talking, rolling, crawling, walking, clapping, pointing, playing with toys... the baby's main quirks are things like shaking her head 'no' (not just at things which she should no to), inhaling her breath like she's won the lotto, clapping her hands like an alligator, blowing raspberries...

And then I looked over to where she was on the playmat (I'm trying to encourage her to play alone) to see her trying to pull herself up using the baby rocker (!). I did manage to get some footage for the husband (who was fishing all day, and told me that he thought he had seen her doing that on her cot), so the footage is mainly for me.

I have booked in a development test for next Tuesday (my birthday! eep!), so we'll see how she's going development wise (hopefully). I want to ask them about her sleep/waking (pretty consistently at midnight and 430 am) and she has had only two naps for the past few days (and only one on the day of the engagement party!) of 45 minutes or so. I wonder if she can't get in to the crawling position properly because of her muscles while she was in the harness?

But it's not worth stressing over until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment