Sunday 4 March 2012

Feeding times

We went to lovely wedding last night, and the baby stayed with my husbands parents while we were out.

Because the wedding was over the other side of town and started early, I fed the baby at 430 when I dropped her off, and she went until we picked her up just after midnight without another feed.

Baby still isn't taking the formula that we're trying with her since she started biting me. Luckily it's only happened a few more times since I wrote about it, but it's still unpleasant. My parents tried it with her while they looked after her this morning (when I was getting my hair cut) and the husbands parents tried it at night, to no avail.

I just wanted to have it as a back up for when we go out to dinner or similar.

I'd asked the MACH nurse about it earlier in the week, and she said as long as the baby is eating solids and has water, she would be fine for the night. She suggested we include 'wet' foods for dinner, so we packed custard for her as part of her dinner.

The baby is on four or five meals a day - for example, she had a feed at midnight after the wedding last night, then 6am, then a half feed at 9am, a feed at 1.30, a feed at 5.30, and a feed just before bed at 7pm. The half feed and the one before bed are ones I initiated, rather than ones she called out for, so I could probably wind it back - the recomendation is 4 feeds at 6 months of age, 3 feed at 9 months of age, 2 feeds at 12 months of age. The baby is 8 months old on Wednesday, so I might try to get more consistent with which feeds to offer, and which not to. I might skip the one when she wakes up and see what happens....

No comments:

Post a Comment