Thursday 8 March 2012

More kisses - clap clap

In a week of 'new things', the baby had some more tricks up her sleeves.

Yesterday, I was giving her a hug and a kiss on the cheek. In a moment of inspiration, I said 'kisses for bubbah' and gave her a kiss, then said 'kisses for mummy' and jammed my cheek up near her mouth. And I got a sloppy little bite back! I nearly fell over I was so shocked! My reaction must have been pretty obvious to her too, as she cracked up as I thanked her over and over for her kisses. It was just so sweet!! It's my favourite game now - she doesn't do it every time, but it is just so lovely when she does kiss me back (a few times, I even get a 'mmm' at the same time).

Then, this afternoon, I spent some time showing her how to clap. Over and over again, from all angles, and all beats.

Well, she's got it!

Well, kind of.

It actually looks more like she's playing the cymbals - she's clapping up and downways, sliding her hands past each other, kind of like a directors clap board. But it's totally an intentional clap.

(This might explain why she woke up three times, furious, between 7.30 and 8.30 tonight. That, and I could be right this time in feeling the tip of a tooth coming through her top gum....)

No comments:

Post a Comment