Thursday 8 March 2012

Stand up Stand out

The scooting is getting a bit better, she's often on her belly at the top of the cot at the end of nap time, she'll spin around on the floor on her belly, and today I watched her slip forward in her flip out seat, on to her belly, and to the edge of the foam mat to chew on it.

I lay on the floor of her room with her this afternoon, trying to prompt her to move forward for her toys, but it wasn't really happening.

But what is happening is I have been building on a game that the husband was playing with her.

The other day, he was holding her on the floor so she was standing. This was a bit of a big thing as she hadn't been too keen to use her legs since coming out of the harness (the muscles must need time to rebuild, I'd say). But she was getting better and better at it.

On Tuesday, I was sitting on the bed with her, and she had a hold of my hands and was doing her rocking. So I called out 'one... two... three!' with each rock, then pulled her up in to a stand on 'three'.

She loved it!

We were playing all day - each time she had my fingers and would rock, I'd pull her up on the third.

So, while she will be behind babies of her age with physical development, I'm sure we'll get there in the end (and maybe not in the order she would have without the harness!).

No comments:

Post a Comment