Monday 5 March 2012

Sharing

The baby might have learnt some sharing. Which sounds odd, but I had read that at around this age, babies learn empathy (as well as separation anxiety!) and my dad had sent me a few articles which mentioned how at an early age, babies prefer those who are generous, and will do things to try to cheer others up.

This afternoon, the baby was in her highchair with a baby mum-mum biscuit. She loves to look down and around to see where the dogs are, and more often than not they will be loitering around under the seat (I noticed today that they seem to have learnt to cross to the other side of the room when she has a sippycup of water, as she loves to drop it on the floor).

I was in the kitchen, and noticed her waving it over the side of her seat, and smiling.

Then I heard *chomp*.....giggle.... *chomp*...giggle... *chomp*...

Then I realised that our bigger dog was half up on her back legs, chomping (gently) at the biscuit.

When I called out 'no no nononno!', the baby looked up at me with a massive grin, and stopped.

And then she put the biscuit in her mouth.

(urgh)

In a way though, it was win-win for everyone - I got the biscuit off her, the dogs got to eat the remainder of the biscuit, the baby got some laughs and I got to see this lovely little interaction.

My baby is becoming a person!

No comments:

Post a Comment