Sunday 13 May 2012

Mothers Day

Today was Mothers Day - my first one!

As it drew nearer, I spent a fair bit of time thinking about what it really meant. What the day was for, and just how damn much my mother (and the husbands mother!) have actually done for me, and us, and the baby.

I sorted out the gifts for the husband mum (I think he was just as surprised as she was while she opening it!) (we bought one part of it together, but I didn't think it was enough). The baby gave her a card, a photo of her and the husband from our recent holiday, and a book that they can read together that we saw and fell in love with at the gallery in Cairns.

I organised a package of gifts for my mum from my brothers and I, but she isn't allowed to get it until today when when three quarters of the family get together for family tea. The baby also gave her a card, a photo of her and I from our recent holiday, and a book about a nana and granddaughter spending the day together.

I also gave my mum a card, saying (for the first time I guess!) how much I appreciate everything she's done for me.

Because it wasn't until I started thinking about mothers day and how much it has affected me, that I even started to understand that my mum has been through this exact same journey (four fold!).

No comments:

Post a Comment